Thursday, May 8, 2014

Embrace the Spirit of Adventure!

As the school year comes to an end, I begin looking ahead to summer vacation and the potential to create wonderful memories with my family. What will we do? Who will we visit? What fun, adventurous activities can we do together as a family? It definitely reminds me of the Titanic. There were families that sailed on Titanic who were looking for adventure. They were traveling to America for a new fresh start. If that's not adventurous, I don't what is...

I keep reminding my family that life is short. The time is now to make summer adventure plans. Here is my bucket list for this summer with my family:

1. Visit the Titanic in Pigeon Forge and see the Only Bible Saved from Titanic. (you have to remember that although I work for the Titanic Museum Attraction, I am located in Branson, Mo. and haven't been able to see this amazing artifact.)
2. We are going to take tennis lessons as a family. I played tennis when I was 7 years old and I think I need a refresher course. My children are excited to do this with me.

3. We are going to take a trip to Dallas, Texas to visit the Dallas World Aquarium and hang out with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc.

4. We are going zip lining with our Soccer Club in Branson, Mo. This will definitely involve our spirits of adventure.
Branson Zipline - This is how we roll in B-Town.

5. We will definitely be onboard when Titanic Descendant Yvonne Hume comes to visit the Titanic Museum Attraction in Branson, Mo. this June! If you are a Titaniac, you won't want to miss this opportunity. She was related to one of the Musicians on Titanic - There is an entire gallery dedicated to these musicians and it is on display now through December 2014. It is a must see!

6. The Lake - I know I talk about this every year, but the highlight of my life, summers, family memories, etc. is the lake. I can't wait.
Table Rock Lake at Sunset

7. Paula Deen is opening a new restaurant in at the Island in Pigeon Forge, Tn. this summer and I have to go try it...I wonder how much butter was used on Titanic? Hmmm. I will find out!
Paula Deen at the Press Conference announcing her new restaurant in Pigeon Forge, Tn.

8. No summer would be complete without a trip to White Water in Branson, Mo. They are opening up a new ride this summer and I am terrified, but my spirit of adventure says, "YES"!
White Water Branson - Kapau Plummet
9. Talk about adventure! Our sons will be playing in the Schwan's USA Cup in Minnesota. 18 countries and 20 US State teams will be represented and my children will play these teams. We are blessed and I can't wait for this family experience.
#26, My Superstar.
10. Ok. So I have to have something on my bucket list that seems a little bit out of reach. My oldest is really in to Marine Biology and Deep Sea Diving. My dream adventure would be to take him diving at a coral reef or give him classes on how to care for injured marine life. We'll see....

What are your plans? Whatever they are, I hope you are embracing the spirit of adventure in your life.
See you at the Titanic!
Chief Purser
Erin Wicker

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Pinterest
Follow us on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment