Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Tribute Honoring the Religious Heroes of Titanic - Tribute to Reverend John Harper

On this, the day before Good Friday,  we continue to honor the religious heroes of Titanic. We have introduced you to some of the Godly men who sailed Titanic. The men who spent their days searching for lost soles, preaching the good news to the unsaved so that they could except Jesus as their personal savior and live eternally in heaven. Today, I would like to introduce you to Reverend John Harper. He was from London, England and traveled 2nd Class aboard Titanic at age 39.

Rev. John Harper (photo from Wikipedia)
"Bless you, my friend, and welcome aboard. I'm the Reverend John Harper, a Baptist minister. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. I became a widower after my wife died in childbirth; however, I remained single and raised our daughter, Annie, on my own. It's against my faith to boast, yet it's quite humbling to know how highly respected I am by the members of my London congregation.

Over the years my reputation grew, and I began to enjoy popularity as a Christina voice at revivals and preaching assemblies in Great Britain and the United States. In fact, a 1911 evangelical appearance in the States proved so successful that church elders invited me to participate in their 1912 revival at the Moody Church in Chicago. I brought Annie with me this trip, along with her aunt, Jessie Leitch.

The evening before the collision, I'd stood on deck with Jessie to admire the sunset. "It will be beautiful in the morning," I told her. Little did I know that Annie, Jessie and I may not live to see it."

To discover Reverend John Harper's fate, visit the Titanic Museum Attraction. See the only Bible from Titanic now on display at the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tn.

Watch this video about the Religious Heroes of Titanic - http://youtu.be/PxQFF5yj07M

Like us on Facebook.


May God Bless You and Keep You.

Chief Purser,
Erin Wicker

No comments:

Post a Comment