Friday, May 3, 2013

"Titanic" Tribute to Mothers

According to wikipedia, "Mother's Day is a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society." When I think about what it means to be a mom, the following words come to my mind - strong, loving, caring, helpful, beautiful, smart, trustworthy. I hope that I portray these characteristics on a daily basis with my children.

I will tell you that I have already received my mother's day gift. Last night, while tucking my littlest one into bed, I was blessed with the following speech....
"Mom, I just wanted to tell you that you are the best mom in the whole entire world. Thank you for taking care of me when I am sick and snuggling me every night. Thank you for helping me with my homework, cooking me yummy dinners, and always smiling so pretty. I am so thankful for you."

This very gesture made my day, month, year, world. Have you ever heard the saying, "being a mother is a thankless job"? I truly despise that confession. I believe that you will have what you say and I will never say that! I am Mom that is truly blessed beyond measure!

Robert Spedden with him Mother and Father
I often think about what it must have been like to be a mother on the Titanic during the sinking. How would I have acted in that moment of panic? I know my first priority would have been to latch on to my children and save their lives no matter the cost. I think I would have remained calm until I knew we were safe...then I would have gone crazy after the fact. There are many heroic stories about mothers who saved their children and got them safely onto lifeboats.  I would like to take a moment to honor them and their heroism. They should never be forgotten.

What will you do this Mother's Day to honor your mom? We are offering a special on Exclusive Titanic jewelry on our website in honor of all mothers. All Mothers love jewelry. And...Coming from a mom, I think the most meaningful gift is to just recognize what a blessing moms are to this country, world, universe. Surprise your mom this Mother's Day with a special phone call to tell her just how thankful you are for her. She will be forever grateful.

With love on Mother's Day,

Chief Purser
Titanic Museum Attraction
Erin Wicker

No comments:

Post a Comment