Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to School Bash





This past Sunday, my boys and I attended the 4th annual Back to School Bash at the Branson Rec Plex. What a blessing it was to see hundreds of local children receive free school supplies and backpacks. I would like to thank the First Baptist Church in Branson for putting on such an amazing event.

When we arrived, my boys hit the ground running. They could see from a distance a stunt bike flying through the air. Sure enough, a stunt team from Springfield was at the event ministering to the kids and showing off their talents! There were 2 BMX bikers who raced up and down a half pipe doing flips and landing on one tire. There was a fantastic skate boarder who actually did a hand stand on the edge of his board. Last but certainly not least was a young man on a dirt bike. He actually jumped the motorcycle over 9 people. I have to admit that I was nervous about that stunt, but the boys loved it and couldn't stop smiling.

Next stop was the climbing wall. Each kid was hooked to a safety line and could climb the wall up about 20 feet in the air. And after we got extremely hot waiting in line, there were water slides and bouncy houses to cool us off. Did I mention that admission into the Aqua Plex was free? Kids also enjoyed face painting and crafts, but my boys skipped these areas to focus on the more physical activities. Fun, fun, fun.

This event was complete with a firetruck, D.A.R.E. and an ambulance. Not only was this an outreach to children that needed extra financial support in the community, but the event also supported fire safety, drug abuse resistance, and fellowship. It truly is a blessing to be a part of this community.

P.S. My photos were taken from my phone so I apologize for the quality. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment